CINO and CTIO
— Chief Technology Innovation Officer are important and strategic position in every company seeking for evolution and for preventing risks.
Let's revisit their responsibilities and qualities. What makes an effective CINO or CTIO?
- Accountable for all innovation programs
- High level executive who can lead a cross-functional value chain, broad technical expertise
- It could be not a single person, almost half of companies dispersed innovation responsibility among multiple executives
- CINO generates new ideas, accept innovations from others in the company, and also manages technological changes
- Makes researches
- After that — CINO build an effective, transparent, and efficient innovation process
- CTIO is focusing on organizational innovation through technologies
- Build awareness about innovation, changes and technologies inside of company
- Identifies new market spaces
- Encourage promising projects
The big fail of creating a position of Chief Innovation Officer and focusing all innovation process in one'a hands — its the fact that when One person is responsible for innovation, everyone else are not!
The mission of a good CINO is to help other employees and executives to be involved in innovation and changes and be aware of how to do the best.
This person educate people to generate ideas and initiatives, build not only incremental but also disruptive processes.
For more productive innovation journey, CINO should use and follow up modern applications and software necessary or facilitating ideation and innovation. Also, this person needs to be capable to analysis — a good research is the best basement for next steps.
It's up to you to decide if you need one CINO or not, but be sure – with or without this person you must think about innovation and future.